idiot's guide to rotting at home

Sunday, May 02, 2004

sunday night.wedding recap and thoughts alister and carrie got married.it was quite an experience.being involved with the planning and having to arrange the multimedia stuff for them.well.it wasnt really much but every little bit adds up to something bigger.and so mass got underway at 1030..joined the choir since i wasnt needed on drums (thankfully).the sermon/homily given by Fr. Anthoney was really meaningful.how a couple is joined in the presence of God.a unity that God made, men cannot divide.how in holy matrimony new life can be found both spiritually and physically.went to the hall for a reception cum lunch.wasnt really the best of caterers that was hired so a few of us got down to helping arrange the hall (before mass that is) as well as cleaning the place up.then came the dinner in the evening.rushed down with giles from clementi to orchard parade hotel (that's where reds cafe is).set up my laptop and the $2000+ projector that carrie borrowed from her company (DelMonte Asia).the cable wasnt working so we had to make-do.well.the dinner started and the first montage was shown repeatedly until the guests settled down.then came the first march-in.the champange pouring and all the usual stuff that you'd normally do.went to show the second montage.the one which shows pictures of alister and carrie from when they were babies to when they were dating and after they were engaged.then came the second march-in and the rest of the dinner (which includes the usual 'yam-seng' session and photo taking).so when most of the guests had already left.the antiochers gathered at the reception area outside the ballroom and recorded a video for the newly-weds.eileen was fighting back tears not because her friends of almost 20 years were finally married but because they were migrating to australia (alister works in melbourne you see..) and thus we'd all would see them very rarely.giles and i thanked them for everything.especially alister.for all the fun we had playing CS and Command & Conquer.it was hard saying goodbye to two good friends yet at the same time being happy for them.when we left the hotel.marion giles sam clarence and myself walked in silence.perhaps we've all come to recognise that things have changed.that two people who've made an impact on the antioch community are slowly but surely fading away.sure.there's email msn and icq.but it'll not be as fun as poking fun at each other.we wont be able to meet up in town for dinner or go to tanglin halt for food after prayer meetings.walking in silence really got me thinking.perhaps i'm looking to hard to find the one true love.perhaps i'm not even supposed to find one because i'm slated to serve God.i don't know.in His time His will be done and not mine.but i cant help thinking.i've been so close and yet it's been so far.but like what joyce said "i returned home with my heart smiling... thinking that perhaps love is indeed actually all around" ...perhaps i'll meet her one day.perhaps i've already met her and not known it.perhaps...

--

Our Lady Peace - Somewhere Out There

Last time I talked to you
You were lonely and out of place
You were looking down on me
Lost out in space
We laid underneath the stars
Strung out and feeling brave
I watched the red orange glow
I watched you float away
Down here in the atmosphere
Garbage and city lights
You've gone to save your tired soul
You've gone to save our lives
I turned on the radio
To find you on satellite
I’m waiting for this sky to fall
I’m waiting for a sign
All we are
Is all so far

You're falling back to me
You're a star that I can see
I know you're out there
Somewhere out there
You're falling out of reach
Defying gravity
I know you're out there
Somewhere out there
Hope you remember me
When you're home sick
and need a change
I miss your purple hair
I miss the way you taste
I know you'll come back someday
On a bed of nails I’ll wait
I’m praying that you don’t burn out
Or fade away
All we are
Is all so far

You're falling back to me
You're a star that I can see
I know you're out there
Somewhere out there
You're falling out of reach
Defying gravity
I know you're out there
Somewhere out there
You're falling back to me
You're a star that I can see
I know you're out there
You're falling out of reach
Defying gravity
I know you're out there
Somewhere out there
You're falling back to me
You're a star that I can see
I know you're out there
Somewhere out there
You're falling out of reach
Defying gravity
I know you're out there
Somewhere out there
You're falling back to me
I know
I know
You're falling out of reach
I know

--

marilyn- for what it's worth? i really miss those times and i've done well haven't i? since our little outing to watch that korean show (tale of two sisters was it?).you probably wont understand what i just said but no matter :)

alister- i know you probably wont read this.but i'll write this anyway.for all the times we played CS.for you putting up with giles and i kicking your butt.for you and victor kicking our butts.for all the thrash we talked about and all the times you've listened to my problems.thanks alot.best wishes to you and carrie.you two really look great together.and yes.i agree that long distance relationships are hard.have seen many come and gone.so i'm glad that yours worked out.so now.on behalf of antioch.best wishes and God bless.see ya both on christmas?

--

i wanna skydive.i wanna do it and i wanna do it before i enlist.i know i'll face resistance from my parents.costs and calculated risks aside.it's something i really want to do in this lifetime apart from bungee jumping and flying an airplane.everything in life has risks dont they? so i dont really see why i shouldnt give it a try.anyway.to get a license.i need to do at least 9 jumps.5 with instructors and/or jumpmasters and 4 solos.alternatively i might go for the accelerated course.10 jumps.whatever it is.i have to have my parents agree.despite the fact i'm 19 this year.there're certain things that my parents will certainly object (i mean.i think that my dad's still against me trying for pilot in the air force but he's kinda keeping quiet about it because he knows it's a dream i've had since i was 6.my obsession with planes and my desire to fly a fighter plane..)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home