idiot's guide to rotting at home

Sunday, January 28, 2007

irrational behavior and decision makings.

sunday afternoon people tend to act without thinking and think without acting. makes me wonder which of the two is the lesser of the evils. the decisions we make affect us in more ways than one, surely one is rationale enough to think things over? and make the right decision? evidently not.

feelings and maybe a bit of biased judgments put us in a tight spot, giving us a hard decision to make when sometimes, perhaps the obviously difficult decision is one that's for the better. take a relationship for example:

you may know someone for a very long time. a person you trust more and a person that you will run to when you feel down, upset or maybe just for the company. then there's the other one. someone who recently has an interest in you even though he/she doesn't know you as well. but the one thing this person can offer you is a whole-hearted commitment, a maturity that cannot be rivaled (at least with most other people) and well, just being able to read your emotions when no one else can therefore making it easier for that person to understand you even when no words are spoken.

do you therefore go for the first one? someone who on the surface is better looking as well but will almost always disappoint because he/she fails to understand you well? or do you go for the second one? someone who, for all intents and purposes, is a genuine person, one who understands you well enough as a person, a friend and maybe as a partner and can always offer sound advise and unrestricted love.

then you ask yourself. does having a close friend as a boy/girlfriend mean anything more than what it already is? is it even a good idea? i speak from personal experience when i say that it most definitely isn't. it's taken me a long while to get over delin but gotten over i have. of course the what-ifs come to mind occasionally and it makes me wonder, was it for the better or worse? perhaps it is both. while it is arguably better to go into a relationship with someone who knows you better, there is the tendency that things will take a downturn. i've seen at most two of such relationships succeed yet on the flip side, i've seen countless fail, mine included. it's more fun to go with someone who doesn't know you as well in my point of view. not so much because in the end you find out each others' quirks, habits and attitude but because the journey towards knowing each other, is the best thing that can happen, an adventure of sorts that promises to be filled with joy, love and a warmth never felt before.

rational decision making. we face that all the time and in more ways than one, people are involved. and when people are involved, emotions and feelings are affected. sometimes the hardest decision is the best one. perhaps going for neither is the best path after all. perhaps a short 2 months will be better than a long 8 months. we never know. we make our decision and live with the rewards and consequences.

what's one to do when stuck in a situation like this? knowing either way things won't work out in the end. knowing that when you leave a country, you end up missing things and people that matter the most. yet what you don't know is that, one of those who really cares for you the most, will be there with you overseas in the near future. what then do you do? what do you do?


Angels & Airwaves - The Adventure

I wanna have the same last dream again,
the one where I wake up and I'm alive.
Just as the four walls close me within,
my eyes are opened up with pure sunlight.
I'm the first to know,
my dearest friends,
even if your hope has burned with time,
anything that's dead shall be re-grown,
and your vicious pain, your warning sign,
you will be fine.

Hey, oh, here I am,
and here we go, life's waiting to begin.

Any type of love - it will be shown,
like every single tree reach for the sky.
If you're gonna fall,
I'll let you know,
that I will pick you up
like you for I,
I felt this thing,
I can't replace.
Where everyone was working for this goal.
Where all the children left without a trace,
only to come back, as pure as gold,
To recite this all.

Hey, oh, here I am,
and here we go, life's waiting to begin.
Tonight,
hey, oh, here I am,
and here we go, life's waiting to begin.
Tonight,
hey, oh, here I am,
and here we go, life's waiting to begin.

I cannot live, I can't breathe
unless you do this with me
I cannot live, I can't breathe
unless you do this with me
I cannot live, I can't breathe
unless you do this with me
I cannot live, I can't breathe
unless you do this with me
I cannot live, I can't breathe
unless you do this with me
I cannot live, I can't breathe
unless you do this with me

Hey, oh, here I am (do this with me),
and here we go, life's waiting to begin (do this with me).
Hey, oh, here I am (do this with me).
And here we go, life's waiting to begin,
life's waiting to begin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home