idiot's guide to rotting at home

Monday, January 29, 2007

holding on.

monday morning hold on. that's what i've got to do. press on and get my life back on track. most of what was needed to be said have already been said. some were left unspoken but i guess between the two of us, the status quo is suffice. for now. i truly hope she stays happy but should that fail, well, i guess it's really up to her if she wants to come to me. now to distract myself from all these, before i fall any further into the hole that's eating me.

Good Charlotte - Hold On

This world, this world is cold
But you don't, you don't have to go
You're feeling sad, you're feeling lonely
And no one seems to care
Your mother's gone and your father hits you
This pain you cannot bear

But we all bleed the same way as you do
And we all have the same things to go through

Hold on, if you feel like letting go
Hold on, it gets better than you know

Your days, you say they're way too long
And your nights, you can't sleep at all
Hold on
And you're not sure what you're waiting for
But you don't want to know more
You're not sure what you're looking for
But you don't want to know more

But we all bleed the same way as you do
And we all have the same things to go through

Hold on, if you feel like letting go
Hold on, it gets better than you know
Don't stop looking you're one step closer
Don't stop searching it's not over
Hold on

What are you looking for?
What are you waiting for?
Do you know what you're doing to me?
Go ahead...what are you waiting for?

Hold on, if you feel like letting go
Hold on, it gets better than you know
Don't stop looking you're one step closer
Don't stop searching it's not over

Hold on, if you feel like letting go
Hold on, it gets better than you know
Hold on

-- off a friend's blog and excerpt from the bible --

If I speak in the tongues of men and angels,

But have not love,

I have become sounding brass or a tinkling symbol.

And if I have prophecy and know all mysteries and all knowledge,

And if I have all faith so as to remove mountains,

But have not love, I am nothing.

And if I dole out all my goods, and

If I deliver my body that I may boast

But have not love, nothing I am profited.


Love is long suffering,

Love is kind,

It is not jealous,

Love does not boast,

It is not inflated.

It is not discourteous,

it is not selfish,

it is not irritable,

it does not enumerate the evil.

It does not rejoice over the wrong, but rejoices in the truth

It covers all things,

It has faith for all things,

It hopes in all things,

It endures in all things.


Love never falls in ruins;

But whether prophecies, they will be abolished; or

Tongues, they will cease; or

Knowledge, it will be superseded.

For we know in part and we prophecy in part.

But when the perfect comes, the imperfect will be superseded.

When I was an infant,

I spoke as an infant,

I reckoned as an infant;

When I became [an adult],

I abolished the things of the infant.


For now we see through a mirror in an enigma, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know as also I was fully known.

But now remains faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.




1 Corinthians 13: 1-13

THERE ARE THREE THINGS THAT LAST – FAITH, HOPE AND LOVE. THE GREATEST OF THESE IS LOVE.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home